- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
26th Annual Ryan Jury Memorial Golf Outing set for June 15
The 26th Annual Ryan Jury Memorial Golf Outing will be Wednesday, June 15. Golfing will be at Aldeen Golf Club, 1902 Reid Farm Road, and the evening dinner will be at Giovanni’s Restaurant and Convention Center, 610 N. Bell School Road.
The Outing began in June 1986, following the death from cancer of Greg and Kelly Jury’s 23-month-old son, Ryan.
Cost of the outing is $125, which includes golf, continental breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dinner only is $50. A variety of sponsorships are also available.
Proceeds from the outing benefit the Ryan Jury Child Development Learning Center. The Learning Center, located on the SwedishAmerican Hospital campus, is named in honor of Ryan Jury, and in recognition and appreciation of the Jury family’s 26-year commitment and support to SwedishAmerican.
Golfing will begin at 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. with shotgun starts. The evening dinner, which begins at 6 p.m. at Giovanni’s, will include a sit-down dinner, entertainment by Tsunami Barbershop Quartet, and a silent auction. Paul Logli will be the MC. At the end of the evening, the Jury family will present a check to Dr. Bill Gorski, president and CEO for SwedishAmerican. Over the past 25 years, the Jury Outing has raised more than $792,858.
For information about the golf outing, dinner or sponsorships, contact Jan Hagenlocher, director of Community Relations at SwedishAmerican, at (815) 966-2066.
From June 1-7, 2011 issue