- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
26th Annual Ryan Jury Memorial Golf Outing set for June 15
The 26th Annual Ryan Jury Memorial Golf Outing will be Wednesday, June 15. Golfing will be at Aldeen Golf Club, 1902 Reid Farm Road, and the evening dinner will be at Giovanni’s Restaurant and Convention Center, 610 N. Bell School Road.
The Outing began in June 1986, following the death from cancer of Greg and Kelly Jury’s 23-month-old son, Ryan.
Cost of the outing is $125, which includes golf, continental breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dinner only is $50. A variety of sponsorships are also available.
Proceeds from the outing benefit the Ryan Jury Child Development Learning Center. The Learning Center, located on the SwedishAmerican Hospital campus, is named in honor of Ryan Jury, and in recognition and appreciation of the Jury family’s 26-year commitment and support to SwedishAmerican.
Golfing will begin at 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. with shotgun starts. The evening dinner, which begins at 6 p.m. at Giovanni’s, will include a sit-down dinner, entertainment by Tsunami Barbershop Quartet, and a silent auction. Paul Logli will be the MC. At the end of the evening, the Jury family will present a check to Dr. Bill Gorski, president and CEO for SwedishAmerican. Over the past 25 years, the Jury Outing has raised more than $792,858.
For information about the golf outing, dinner or sponsorships, contact Jan Hagenlocher, director of Community Relations at SwedishAmerican, at (815) 966-2066.
From June 1-7, 2011 issue