- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Dolphin Swim Club jumps in to help break Guinness World Record for Largest Swim Lesson
LOVES PARK, Ill.—Join the Dolphin Swim Club at its Rockford, Crystal Lake, Skokie or South Beloit location at 10 a.m., Tuesday, June 14, and help break the Guinness World Record for the Largest Swim Lesson.
As part of the World’s Largest Swim Lesson (WLSL), Dolphin Swim Club is one of many top swim schools and aquatics facilities participating in this year’s program to increase awareness of how starting swimming lessons at an early age can help prevent drowning. Drowning is the second-leading cause of accidental death among children 1 to 14 years old.
“The message we want to help WLSL spread is that the best way to prevent a child from drowning is to teach them how to swim,” says Sara Batchelor, facility manager at Dolphin Swim Club in Crystal Lake. “Parents need to take the time to find a good program that emphasizes not only swimming skills, but water safety as well.”
Last year, when the first-ever WLSL was held, more than 4,000 participants across 34 states, five countries and three continents set the Guinness World Record for the largest simultaneous swimming lesson. This year, the group is expecting to break its own record and share the importance of teaching more children to swim.
To sign up to be a part of Dolphin Swim Club’s WLSC June 14, call (815) 282-3488. Dolphin Swim Club has been offering swim lessons for all ages, including infants and toddlers, for nearly 20 years. The club has ongoing registration at its locations in Loves Park, Crystal Lake, South Beloit and Skokie, so call (815) 854-1300 now to get the class that fits your busy schedule.
From June 1-7, 2011 issue