- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Phantom Regiment kicks off Sounds of Summer…
Enjoy summer evenings at the Sinnissippi Park Music Shell for Rockford Park District’s free Music in the Park concerts, which run Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., June 7-Aug. 11.
The Music in the Park season opens June 7 with a concert by Rockford’s musical ambassadors, the Phantom Regiment Drum & Bugle Corps.
The Park District’s Free Sounds of Summer Entertainment Series offers a variety of free performances throughout the summer, including the following:
– Imagination Station, which presents music, magic, comedy and drama for young audiences Wednesdays, June 15-Aug. 10 at 1:30 p.m. at the Sinnissippi Park Music Shell;
– Charlotte’s Web, a three-concert Saturday evening series June 25, July 9 and July 23 at 7:30 p.m. at Sinnissippi Music Shell;
– Live at Levings, which includes a talent contest and a concert featuring gospel, soul, blues and jazz performers Sundays June 5, 12 and 26, July 17 and 24 and Aug. 7 from 3 to 7 p.m. at Levings Park;
– Domingo en el Parque (Sunday in the Park), which features a talent contest and a concert featuring banda, cumbias, quebradita and duranguense performers Sundays June 19, July 10 and July 31 from 3 to 7 p.m. at Levings Park.
Details about these programs are featured in the Park District’s free Sounds of Summer booklet, downloadable on the district’s website, rockfordparkdistrict.org, and paper copies available soon at Park District facilities and Customer Service locations.artists, such as Larry King. Her youngest son works for a company called Innovative Percussion.
From the June 1-7, 2011 issue