- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford MELD to host the MELD July 4th Classic Run and Fun Walk
Rockford MELD will host their 19th Annual MELD July 4th Classic Alan Hutchcroft Memorial 8K Run, 2 Mile Run and 1/2 Mile Fun Walk, Monday, July 4.
The Flat and Fast Alan Hutchcroft 8K Run starts at 7 a.m., the 2 Mile Run starts at 7:05 a.m., and the1/2 Mile Run. Fun Walk starts at 8:30 a.m. Both runs and the walk will begin and end on North Madison Street in front of the Trolley Station. The 8K Run is a Rockford Road Runner Circuit Race and course certified by USA Track & Field.
Entry fee for the 8K or 2 Mile Run is $30 per person. Fee for Rockford Road Runners, Wildcats and students 18 and younger is $28. The Fun Walk entry fee is $20. After July 1, the 8K and 2 Mile Run fee is $35, and the 1/2 Mile Fun Walk is $25.
Prize money will be awarded to the top three overall Male and Female 8K winners: 1st prize—$225; 2nd prize—$150 and 3rd prize—$75, and to the top three overall Male and Female 2 Mile winners—1st prize—$100, 2nd prize—$50, and 3rd prize—$25. Masters prize of $100 to be awarded to the Top Masters (40 years of age and older), Male & Female 8K and $50 to the Top Masters Male & Female 2 Mile winners. Medals will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in the 8K and 2 Mile races in each age division.
New this year: CHIP Timing and Dry-Fit T-shirt. Dry-Fit T-shirts for the first 400 entrants. Food, snacks and lots of water and goodie bags for all kids in the Fun Walk. Door prizes drawn from the entries received by the July 1 deadline. Registration forms available at the YMCA, Runner’s Image, Peak Sports Club (both locations), Kegel’s Bicycle Store, the MELD office, 3703 N. Main St., and at www.rockfordmeld.org.
Late registration and T-shirt/packet pick-up is from 1-5 p.m., Saturday, July 2 at Carlyle Brewing Co., 215 E. State St., Rockford.
Sponsors are: Aqua-Aerobic Systems, Greenlee, Entre Computer Solutions, Riverside Community Bank, Rock Valley Women’s Health Center, Meridian, Liebovich, Crusader Clinic, Rockford Health System, Alpine Bank, Clinkenbeard, WIPFLI, UPS, Miller, Buettner & Parrott, Runner’s Image, Haymarket Pub & Brewery and Jim Orlando Photography. Proceeds from the event will benefit MELD programs for young families in our community.
To register for the run or walk, go to www.rockfordmeld.org. For more information, call (815) 633-6353, ext. 10.
From June 1-7, 2011 issue