- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Art on the Lawn June 12
The 12th Annual Art on the Lawn juried art show, featuring 50 artists, will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, June 12, on the grounds of Rockford College.
Admission is $3 for adults and free to children 12 and younger. Parking is free, while food and drinks will be available for purchase.
The show attracts artists from the Midwest and beyond, exhibiting 2-D and 3-D works in ceramics, digital art, drawing, fiber/wearables, furniture, glass, jewelry, mixed media, photography, printmaking, painting in oils, watercolor, acrylics, raku and sculpture in metal and wood. Local artist and arts promoter Barbara Berney has directed Art on the Lawn since its inception in 2000.
For more information, call (815) 226-4032. For a list of participating artists, visit the show website at www.artonthelawn.org, or visit the Art on the Lawn Facebook event at facebook.com/event.php?eid=161001650624211.
From the June 8-14, 2011 issue