- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Art on the Lawn June 12
The 12th Annual Art on the Lawn juried art show, featuring 50 artists, will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, June 12, on the grounds of Rockford College.
Admission is $3 for adults and free to children 12 and younger. Parking is free, while food and drinks will be available for purchase.
The show attracts artists from the Midwest and beyond, exhibiting 2-D and 3-D works in ceramics, digital art, drawing, fiber/wearables, furniture, glass, jewelry, mixed media, photography, printmaking, painting in oils, watercolor, acrylics, raku and sculpture in metal and wood. Local artist and arts promoter Barbara Berney has directed Art on the Lawn since its inception in 2000.
For more information, call (815) 226-4032. For a list of participating artists, visit the show website at www.artonthelawn.org, or visit the Art on the Lawn Facebook event at facebook.com/event.php?eid=161001650624211.
From the June 8-14, 2011 issue