- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
Art on the Lawn June 12
The 12th Annual Art on the Lawn juried art show, featuring 50 artists, will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, June 12, on the grounds of Rockford College.
Admission is $3 for adults and free to children 12 and younger. Parking is free, while food and drinks will be available for purchase.
The show attracts artists from the Midwest and beyond, exhibiting 2-D and 3-D works in ceramics, digital art, drawing, fiber/wearables, furniture, glass, jewelry, mixed media, photography, printmaking, painting in oils, watercolor, acrylics, raku and sculpture in metal and wood. Local artist and arts promoter Barbara Berney has directed Art on the Lawn since its inception in 2000.
For more information, call (815) 226-4032. For a list of participating artists, visit the show website at www.artonthelawn.org, or visit the Art on the Lawn Facebook event at facebook.com/event.php?eid=161001650624211.
From the June 8-14, 2011 issue