- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Art on the Lawn June 12
The 12th Annual Art on the Lawn juried art show, featuring 50 artists, will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, June 12, on the grounds of Rockford College.
Admission is $3 for adults and free to children 12 and younger. Parking is free, while food and drinks will be available for purchase.
The show attracts artists from the Midwest and beyond, exhibiting 2-D and 3-D works in ceramics, digital art, drawing, fiber/wearables, furniture, glass, jewelry, mixed media, photography, printmaking, painting in oils, watercolor, acrylics, raku and sculpture in metal and wood. Local artist and arts promoter Barbara Berney has directed Art on the Lawn since its inception in 2000.
For more information, call (815) 226-4032. For a list of participating artists, visit the show website at www.artonthelawn.org, or visit the Art on the Lawn Facebook event at facebook.com/event.php?eid=161001650624211.
From the June 8-14, 2011 issue