- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Local Home Instead receives special award
Home Instead Senior Care received a Legacy Award for superior service and business performance at the International Home Instead Senior Care Convention April 16 in Omaha, Neb. Owners Joyce and Bob Koch and staff members Lori Gould, Lindsey Gregg and Valerie Sarich joined Home Instead founders Lori and Paul Hogan and CEO Roger Baumgart on stage before an audience of office owners and key staff members from the U.S., Canada and 16 other countries. This award places the Rockford and Cary, Ill., Home Instead offices fifth in the Central U.S. region and a ranking of 46th among Home Instead franchise owners.
Home Instead is the world’s largest provider of non-medical in-home care and locally offers assistance to adults in Winnebago, Boone and surrounding county areas.
From the June 8-14, 2011 issue