- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Local Home Instead receives special award
Home Instead Senior Care received a Legacy Award for superior service and business performance at the International Home Instead Senior Care Convention April 16 in Omaha, Neb. Owners Joyce and Bob Koch and staff members Lori Gould, Lindsey Gregg and Valerie Sarich joined Home Instead founders Lori and Paul Hogan and CEO Roger Baumgart on stage before an audience of office owners and key staff members from the U.S., Canada and 16 other countries. This award places the Rockford and Cary, Ill., Home Instead offices fifth in the Central U.S. region and a ranking of 46th among Home Instead franchise owners.
Home Instead is the world’s largest provider of non-medical in-home care and locally offers assistance to adults in Winnebago, Boone and surrounding county areas.
From the June 8-14, 2011 issue