- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Local Home Instead receives special award
Home Instead Senior Care received a Legacy Award for superior service and business performance at the International Home Instead Senior Care Convention April 16 in Omaha, Neb. Owners Joyce and Bob Koch and staff members Lori Gould, Lindsey Gregg and Valerie Sarich joined Home Instead founders Lori and Paul Hogan and CEO Roger Baumgart on stage before an audience of office owners and key staff members from the U.S., Canada and 16 other countries. This award places the Rockford and Cary, Ill., Home Instead offices fifth in the Central U.S. region and a ranking of 46th among Home Instead franchise owners.
Home Instead is the world’s largest provider of non-medical in-home care and locally offers assistance to adults in Winnebago, Boone and surrounding county areas.
From the June 8-14, 2011 issue