- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Local Home Instead receives special award
Home Instead Senior Care received a Legacy Award for superior service and business performance at the International Home Instead Senior Care Convention April 16 in Omaha, Neb. Owners Joyce and Bob Koch and staff members Lori Gould, Lindsey Gregg and Valerie Sarich joined Home Instead founders Lori and Paul Hogan and CEO Roger Baumgart on stage before an audience of office owners and key staff members from the U.S., Canada and 16 other countries. This award places the Rockford and Cary, Ill., Home Instead offices fifth in the Central U.S. region and a ranking of 46th among Home Instead franchise owners.
Home Instead is the world’s largest provider of non-medical in-home care and locally offers assistance to adults in Winnebago, Boone and surrounding county areas.
From the June 8-14, 2011 issue