- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
NT and JT Bocce Tournament set for June 25
Bocce players of all skill levels are encouraged to sign up for the seventh annual NT and JT Bocce Tournament, to be from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, June 25, at the St. Ambrogio Society, 802 Montague St., Rockford.
“There are so many families in need in our area, especially right now,” said John Terranova, event founder. “Since its inception, our tournament has raised over $24,000, helping local organizations. We want to encourage folks to come out, join us and let’s raise some money for families at the same time.”
Each team consists of two men and two women, and participants can sign up together or individually to be assigned to a team. A team fee is $100 ($25 per person), and includes play, dinner and the admission to the evening’s entertainment by Vito Zatto. The event also includes games, a 50/50 raffle and a prize raffle, as well as a silent auction.
Dinner and entertainment begin at 6 p.m., and those who wish to attend just this portion of the evening can do so for $25 per couple or singles for $15. Tickets can be purchased at the door.
Donations are being accepted for the prize raffle and silent auction. Cash donations will also be accepted.
The NT and JT Bocce Tournament is a 501 (c) 3 charitable foundation. For more information, contact John Terranova, (815) 282-6530, or visit helpingkidsandfamilies.org.
From the June 8-14, 2011 issue