- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
To the Editor: Share your story about District 205
This past year has been a tumultuous one for our school district. There was a lot of controversy, and the news coverage as it was happening was poor. Most of us have no idea how decisions made this year have affected the lives of our administrators, teachers, parents, students and the community at large. This call for submissions is an effort to compile these stories to document fairly—without commentary—the history that was made in our district this past year into a book to be published by Plethora Publishing.
Because of the nature of some stories, authors may use alias names, but please no fiction or commentary. This project is an effort to preserve an honest record of what happened this year—from all sides.
You can also share your story orally over the phone; for appointment, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is July 15, 2011.
All submissions should be sent via e-mail to: email@example.com. Any questions about this project can be sent to the above e-mail.