- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
To the Editor: Share your story about District 205
This past year has been a tumultuous one for our school district. There was a lot of controversy, and the news coverage as it was happening was poor. Most of us have no idea how decisions made this year have affected the lives of our administrators, teachers, parents, students and the community at large. This call for submissions is an effort to compile these stories to document fairly—without commentary—the history that was made in our district this past year into a book to be published by Plethora Publishing.
Because of the nature of some stories, authors may use alias names, but please no fiction or commentary. This project is an effort to preserve an honest record of what happened this year—from all sides.
You can also share your story orally over the phone; for appointment, e-mail email@example.com
Deadline for submissions is July 15, 2011.
All submissions should be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions about this project can be sent to the above e-mail.