- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Rock supergroup entertains at Kryptonite
Wilco’s John Stiratt performed with Nicholas Tremulis of Nicholas Tremulis Orchestra, Bun E. Carlos of Cheap Trick and Rick Rizzo of Eleventh Dream Day as rock supergroup Candy Golde June 10 at Kryptonite.
More about the band is at http://www.myspace.com/candygolde. Upcoming shows at Kryptonite, 308 W. State St., include a Ryebread & Katie Moving Party hosted by DJ Jumpoff June 15; karaoke June 16; The Handcuffs and Mana Kintorso June 17; Green Light Nights featuring Unity, Matter of Fact, Rude Punch, MidWest Hype and Bad with Names June 18; and karaoke June 21. Call Kryptonite at (815) 965-0931.
From the June 15-21, 2011 issue