- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Save date for Energy State Fair
Enjoy a full weekend of information, education and entertainment at the tenth Annual Illinois Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair on Saturday and Sunday, August 13 & 14 at the Ogle County Fairgrounds west of Oregon.
Major speakers are Fred Kirschenmann, organic farmer and former director of the Leopold Center at Iowa State University; and Jay and Annie Warmke, authors of Green Technology Practices and owners of Blue Rock Station, an experiment in green living.
Exhibits will include solar, wind, biomass, geothermal and healthy personal, home and yard care products. Organic produce, native plants and other environmentally sound products will be for sale.
Free workshops all day both days.
From the June 15-21, 2011 issue