- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Save date for Energy State Fair
Enjoy a full weekend of information, education and entertainment at the tenth Annual Illinois Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair on Saturday and Sunday, August 13 & 14 at the Ogle County Fairgrounds west of Oregon.
Major speakers are Fred Kirschenmann, organic farmer and former director of the Leopold Center at Iowa State University; and Jay and Annie Warmke, authors of Green Technology Practices and owners of Blue Rock Station, an experiment in green living.
Exhibits will include solar, wind, biomass, geothermal and healthy personal, home and yard care products. Organic produce, native plants and other environmentally sound products will be for sale.
Free workshops all day both days.
From the June 15-21, 2011 issue