- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Save date for Energy State Fair
Enjoy a full weekend of information, education and entertainment at the tenth Annual Illinois Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair on Saturday and Sunday, August 13 & 14 at the Ogle County Fairgrounds west of Oregon.
Major speakers are Fred Kirschenmann, organic farmer and former director of the Leopold Center at Iowa State University; and Jay and Annie Warmke, authors of Green Technology Practices and owners of Blue Rock Station, an experiment in green living.
Exhibits will include solar, wind, biomass, geothermal and healthy personal, home and yard care products. Organic produce, native plants and other environmentally sound products will be for sale.
Free workshops all day both days.
From the June 15-21, 2011 issue