- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Save date for Energy State Fair
Enjoy a full weekend of information, education and entertainment at the tenth Annual Illinois Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair on Saturday and Sunday, August 13 & 14 at the Ogle County Fairgrounds west of Oregon.
Major speakers are Fred Kirschenmann, organic farmer and former director of the Leopold Center at Iowa State University; and Jay and Annie Warmke, authors of Green Technology Practices and owners of Blue Rock Station, an experiment in green living.
Exhibits will include solar, wind, biomass, geothermal and healthy personal, home and yard care products. Organic produce, native plants and other environmentally sound products will be for sale.
Free workshops all day both days.
From the June 15-21, 2011 issue