- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Save date for Energy State Fair
Enjoy a full weekend of information, education and entertainment at the tenth Annual Illinois Renewable Energy and Sustainable Lifestyle Fair on Saturday and Sunday, August 13 & 14 at the Ogle County Fairgrounds west of Oregon.
Major speakers are Fred Kirschenmann, organic farmer and former director of the Leopold Center at Iowa State University; and Jay and Annie Warmke, authors of Green Technology Practices and owners of Blue Rock Station, an experiment in green living.
Exhibits will include solar, wind, biomass, geothermal and healthy personal, home and yard care products. Organic produce, native plants and other environmentally sound products will be for sale.
Free workshops all day both days.
From the June 15-21, 2011 issue