- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Golf: Second Annual Memorial Golf Outing set for July 30
The Second Annual Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Golf Outing is scheduled for Saturday, July 30, at Aldeen Golf Club, 1902 Reid Farm Road, Rockford. Proceeds from the event will benefit Phase II of the Dylan Mastrioanni Memorial Playground at the Winnebago Sports Park behind Winnebago High School.
Dylan, the son of Amy and Scot Mastroianni, was 3 months old when he passed away unexpectedly in November 2003. In 2007, the Mastroiannis teamed up with the Winnebago Park District to build the first phase of the playground. Phase I is geared toward 2- to 5-year-olds while the second phase will be geared toward 6- to 12-year-olds.
The golf outing is a 1 p.m. shotgun start and includes 18 holes of golf, cart and dinner. Registration forms are available online at www.dylansplayground.com.
From the June 15-21, 2011 issue