- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Golf: Second Annual Memorial Golf Outing set for July 30
The Second Annual Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Golf Outing is scheduled for Saturday, July 30, at Aldeen Golf Club, 1902 Reid Farm Road, Rockford. Proceeds from the event will benefit Phase II of the Dylan Mastrioanni Memorial Playground at the Winnebago Sports Park behind Winnebago High School.
Dylan, the son of Amy and Scot Mastroianni, was 3 months old when he passed away unexpectedly in November 2003. In 2007, the Mastroiannis teamed up with the Winnebago Park District to build the first phase of the playground. Phase I is geared toward 2- to 5-year-olds while the second phase will be geared toward 6- to 12-year-olds.
The golf outing is a 1 p.m. shotgun start and includes 18 holes of golf, cart and dinner. Registration forms are available online at www.dylansplayground.com.
From the June 15-21, 2011 issue