- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
Golf: Second Annual Memorial Golf Outing set for July 30
The Second Annual Dylan Mastroianni Memorial Golf Outing is scheduled for Saturday, July 30, at Aldeen Golf Club, 1902 Reid Farm Road, Rockford. Proceeds from the event will benefit Phase II of the Dylan Mastrioanni Memorial Playground at the Winnebago Sports Park behind Winnebago High School.
Dylan, the son of Amy and Scot Mastroianni, was 3 months old when he passed away unexpectedly in November 2003. In 2007, the Mastroiannis teamed up with the Winnebago Park District to build the first phase of the playground. Phase I is geared toward 2- to 5-year-olds while the second phase will be geared toward 6- to 12-year-olds.
The golf outing is a 1 p.m. shotgun start and includes 18 holes of golf, cart and dinner. Registration forms are available online at www.dylansplayground.com.
From the June 15-21, 2011 issue