- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
To the Editor: Support Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary, located in northwest Illinois, has saved the lives of thousands of unadoptable pets other than cats and dogs—elderly, aggressive rabbits, ferrets with adrenal disease and insulinoma, hedgehogs with tumors, birds that bite, mice, rats, hamsters, fennec foxes—you name it—we’ve saved it!
Most were going to be euthanized, some were found in trash bins!
Although we have accepted pets from as far away as Texas and Florida, many animals come to us locally.
Recently, we rescued two guinea pigs that were set out with the trash at the curb in Rockford, and found by volunteers for PAWS Humane Society.
Critter Camp has an entry in the Pepsi Refresh Everything Contest and is moving up in the rankings. We have to finish in the top 10 to win $50,000, and we are at No. 24 now! We are asking people to vote every day in June for our entry so we can take care of many more abandoned, abused unusual animals.
Voting is free, fast and easy!
Please go to www.refresheverything.com/crittercamp or Text 106891 to Pepsi (73774) to vote from your cell phone.
People can also collect the “power vote” codes from packages of Pepsi products and use them to multiply their votes, or they can send the codes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Critter Camp’s unique educational hands-on tours bring in about 1,000 people to the area every year in our current location. In our proposed new facility, we will draw a minimum of 10,000 visitors to the area! That will help everyone!
Learn more about Critter Camp at www.crittercamp.org.
Critter Camp is a member of both the Rockford and Freeport Area Chambers of Commerce.
Beth Randall, Director
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary
German Valley, Ill.