- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
To the Editor: Support Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary, located in northwest Illinois, has saved the lives of thousands of unadoptable pets other than cats and dogs—elderly, aggressive rabbits, ferrets with adrenal disease and insulinoma, hedgehogs with tumors, birds that bite, mice, rats, hamsters, fennec foxes—you name it—we’ve saved it!
Most were going to be euthanized, some were found in trash bins!
Although we have accepted pets from as far away as Texas and Florida, many animals come to us locally.
Recently, we rescued two guinea pigs that were set out with the trash at the curb in Rockford, and found by volunteers for PAWS Humane Society.
Critter Camp has an entry in the Pepsi Refresh Everything Contest and is moving up in the rankings. We have to finish in the top 10 to win $50,000, and we are at No. 24 now! We are asking people to vote every day in June for our entry so we can take care of many more abandoned, abused unusual animals.
Voting is free, fast and easy!
Please go to www.refresheverything.com/crittercamp or Text 106891 to Pepsi (73774) to vote from your cell phone.
People can also collect the “power vote” codes from packages of Pepsi products and use them to multiply their votes, or they can send the codes to: email@example.com.
Critter Camp’s unique educational hands-on tours bring in about 1,000 people to the area every year in our current location. In our proposed new facility, we will draw a minimum of 10,000 visitors to the area! That will help everyone!
Learn more about Critter Camp at www.crittercamp.org.
Critter Camp is a member of both the Rockford and Freeport Area Chambers of Commerce.
Beth Randall, Director
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary
German Valley, Ill.