- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
Wheel-A-Thon set for June 25
Local companies and individuals are encouraged to register teams for RAMP’s 23rd Annual Rockford Wheel-A-Thon, set for Saturday, June 25.
All proceeds from the family-friendly event will benefit RAMP’s Winnebago County services, provided out of the Rockford office, 202 Market St.
RAMP is a passionate partner for people with disabilities desiring to live a useful and rewarding life. RAMP assists people with disabilities to live independently, make changes in their lives, seek peer support, obtain resources and remove barriers that threaten dreams of independence.
RAMP advocates the implementation of current laws, promotion of needed legislation and improvement of existing systems for people with disabilities while working to diminish negative attitudes that threaten to impede equal access.
Those interested in participating in the Wheel-A-Thon can sign up their teams, sponsor a wheeler or make a donation by visiting www.rockfordwheelathon.kintera.org or calling RAMP at (815) 968-7467. RAMP’s website is at www.rampcil.org.
The Wheel-A-Thon begins at the Trolley Station in Riverview Park, 324 N. Madison St., June 25. Registration starts at 9 a.m., the Wheel-A-Thon is at 10 a.m., and awards are at 11 a.m.
From the June 15-21, 2011 issue