- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Wheel-A-Thon set for June 25
Local companies and individuals are encouraged to register teams for RAMP’s 23rd Annual Rockford Wheel-A-Thon, set for Saturday, June 25.
All proceeds from the family-friendly event will benefit RAMP’s Winnebago County services, provided out of the Rockford office, 202 Market St.
RAMP is a passionate partner for people with disabilities desiring to live a useful and rewarding life. RAMP assists people with disabilities to live independently, make changes in their lives, seek peer support, obtain resources and remove barriers that threaten dreams of independence.
RAMP advocates the implementation of current laws, promotion of needed legislation and improvement of existing systems for people with disabilities while working to diminish negative attitudes that threaten to impede equal access.
Those interested in participating in the Wheel-A-Thon can sign up their teams, sponsor a wheeler or make a donation by visiting www.rockfordwheelathon.kintera.org or calling RAMP at (815) 968-7467. RAMP’s website is at www.rampcil.org.
The Wheel-A-Thon begins at the Trolley Station in Riverview Park, 324 N. Madison St., June 25. Registration starts at 9 a.m., the Wheel-A-Thon is at 10 a.m., and awards are at 11 a.m.
From the June 15-21, 2011 issue