- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Wheel-A-Thon set for June 25
Local companies and individuals are encouraged to register teams for RAMP’s 23rd Annual Rockford Wheel-A-Thon, set for Saturday, June 25.
All proceeds from the family-friendly event will benefit RAMP’s Winnebago County services, provided out of the Rockford office, 202 Market St.
RAMP is a passionate partner for people with disabilities desiring to live a useful and rewarding life. RAMP assists people with disabilities to live independently, make changes in their lives, seek peer support, obtain resources and remove barriers that threaten dreams of independence.
RAMP advocates the implementation of current laws, promotion of needed legislation and improvement of existing systems for people with disabilities while working to diminish negative attitudes that threaten to impede equal access.
Those interested in participating in the Wheel-A-Thon can sign up their teams, sponsor a wheeler or make a donation by visiting www.rockfordwheelathon.kintera.org or calling RAMP at (815) 968-7467. RAMP’s website is at www.rampcil.org.
The Wheel-A-Thon begins at the Trolley Station in Riverview Park, 324 N. Madison St., June 25. Registration starts at 9 a.m., the Wheel-A-Thon is at 10 a.m., and awards are at 11 a.m.
From the June 15-21, 2011 issue