- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Police: No indication of crime in alleged ‘sexting’ by former school official
By Jim Hagerty
Police have still not found cause to make an arrest in a month-long investigation into allegations that a former Rockford Public Schools employee sent inappropriate text messages to a male student.
The case stems from a complaint last month that a District 205 student received inappropriate text messages from the former employee.
No details about the case are known, however, police confirmed the allegations early last month.
As for whether an arrest will be made, detectives are still hesitant to say a crime was committed.
“At this stage, there is no indication that any illegal activity occurred,” Deputy Police Chief Greg Lindmark said Friday, June 17.
The case was first made public in a May 9 WTVO Channel 17/FOX 39 report that alleged “questionable behavior that may involve texting” by the former employee was being looked into by police. The Rock River Times also verified the investigation.
Lindmark said the case remains open but did not comment on details.
“Right now, nothing has come of it,” Lindmark said.