- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Police: No indication of crime in alleged ‘sexting’ by former school official
By Jim Hagerty
Police have still not found cause to make an arrest in a month-long investigation into allegations that a former Rockford Public Schools employee sent inappropriate text messages to a male student.
The case stems from a complaint last month that a District 205 student received inappropriate text messages from the former employee.
No details about the case are known, however, police confirmed the allegations early last month.
As for whether an arrest will be made, detectives are still hesitant to say a crime was committed.
“At this stage, there is no indication that any illegal activity occurred,” Deputy Police Chief Greg Lindmark said Friday, June 17.
The case was first made public in a May 9 WTVO Channel 17/FOX 39 report that alleged “questionable behavior that may involve texting” by the former employee was being looked into by police. The Rock River Times also verified the investigation.
Lindmark said the case remains open but did not comment on details.
“Right now, nothing has come of it,” Lindmark said.