- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Help Timber Lake Playhouse celebrate its 50th season!
Timber Lake Playhouse in Mt. Carroll is celebrating a milestone this summer…our 50th season!
I am so proud of this place and the art that takes place on TLP’s stage each summer. Who would have imagined that a small theater in the middle of nowhere would still be thriving after 50 years…that we are now a business with a budget of more than $600,000, drawing more than 25,000 visitors and talented actors, designers and directors to Mt. Carroll each summer?
But TLP is not just “Mt. Carroll’s playhouse.” People travel from all over to sit in our audience and, from the beginning; our by-laws have allowed only five of our 15 board members to be from Mt. Carroll. The others come from all over, and we always seem to assemble a diverse group who bring their individual talents to the organization.
Our 2011 season began June 2 with the beautiful Sunset Boulevard and will continue through Labor Day weekend with six more “main stage” plays and two children’s shows. To make sure TLP is thriving at the end of another 50 years, we have to make sure our 371 seats are filled every night.
TLP has been called one of northwest Illinois’ best-kept secrets. That’s nice, but we don’t want to be secret. Let me personally invite you to come to the rest of the summer’s shows and special events, and when you do, bring your friends and family.
Thanks to everyone who has supported Timber Lake Playhouse in the past five decades and continues to share in the magic that gets created there every summer. Come to TLP and be part of its history.
President/Board of Directors
Timber Lake Playhouse
Mt. Carroll, Ill.