- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Golf: Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center hosts 24th Annual Charity Golf event
Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center will host its 24th Annual Charity Golf event Monday, Aug. 8, at Rockford Country Club.
Early bird registration is $160 per golfer; after Aug. 1, the fee will be $175. Registration includes 18 holes of golf, a buffet lunch, golf cart, chances on prizes and gifts, and dinner. Additional guests may purchase a ticket for dinner only for $45.
Hole sponsorships are available for $200. Other sponsorship opportunities start at $250 and include the benefits of signage, banners and free foursomes. For information or to register, call Kellie Miller, Community Education coordinator, at (815) 398-0500.
Founded in 1979, Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, (a 501[c] not-for-profit organization), provides superior, compassionate end-of-life care for individuals. Bereavement support is available for anyone in the community and includes group and individual grief counseling for children, teens and adults. For more information, visit www.northernillinishospice.org or call (815) 398-0500.
From the June 22-28 issue