- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Rockford native wins Fulbright assistantship
Hannah Muther, a senior at Washington and Lee University from Rockford, has won an English teaching assistantship in Germany from the prestigious Fulbright Program.
Muther is a double major in German and politics. As a Fulbright English teaching assistant, she will be living in Saxony, Germany, formerly a state of East Germany. In addition to teaching English as a second language, she will examine Germans’ attitudes toward political parties by examining interviews and scientific data regarding voter behavior.
“Though German students have remarkable access to American culture through the media, I want to challenge the students to reach a fuller, more realistic understanding of life in the United States, and I hope that this experience will enhance their study of English,” said Muther, who graduated from Rockford Lutheran High School.
From the June 22-28 issue