- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Cherry Valley family on Family Feud
Family Feud welcomes new host Steve Harvey and his no-holds-barred brand of comedy to the brand-new studios at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla. Cherry Valley’s own Schoon Family will face off with the McIntosh Family from Jacksonville, Fla., at 1 p.m., Monday, July 4.
The Schoon Family — which includes Randi, a high school Spanish teacher; husband Jeff, a business consultant; mother Roxane, a hospital coordinator; stepfather Craig, a sporting goods salesman; and father-in-law Gene, a construction project manager — will be aiming for the cash prize, plus a brand-new car, when they appear with Harvey on the game show, taped in front of a live audience at Universal Studios.
“Randi and I were addicted to playing Family Feud on Facebook, so when we had an opportunity to audition for the show and meet Steve Harvey, we knew we had to do it,” said Roxane. “If we win, we’re taking a family trip to Mexico.”
From the June 29-July 5, 2011 issue