- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Cherry Valley family on Family Feud
Family Feud welcomes new host Steve Harvey and his no-holds-barred brand of comedy to the brand-new studios at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla. Cherry Valley’s own Schoon Family will face off with the McIntosh Family from Jacksonville, Fla., at 1 p.m., Monday, July 4.
The Schoon Family — which includes Randi, a high school Spanish teacher; husband Jeff, a business consultant; mother Roxane, a hospital coordinator; stepfather Craig, a sporting goods salesman; and father-in-law Gene, a construction project manager — will be aiming for the cash prize, plus a brand-new car, when they appear with Harvey on the game show, taped in front of a live audience at Universal Studios.
“Randi and I were addicted to playing Family Feud on Facebook, so when we had an opportunity to audition for the show and meet Steve Harvey, we knew we had to do it,” said Roxane. “If we win, we’re taking a family trip to Mexico.”
From the June 29-July 5, 2011 issue