- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Cherry Valley family on Family Feud
Family Feud welcomes new host Steve Harvey and his no-holds-barred brand of comedy to the brand-new studios at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla. Cherry Valley’s own Schoon Family will face off with the McIntosh Family from Jacksonville, Fla., at 1 p.m., Monday, July 4.
The Schoon Family — which includes Randi, a high school Spanish teacher; husband Jeff, a business consultant; mother Roxane, a hospital coordinator; stepfather Craig, a sporting goods salesman; and father-in-law Gene, a construction project manager — will be aiming for the cash prize, plus a brand-new car, when they appear with Harvey on the game show, taped in front of a live audience at Universal Studios.
“Randi and I were addicted to playing Family Feud on Facebook, so when we had an opportunity to audition for the show and meet Steve Harvey, we knew we had to do it,” said Roxane. “If we win, we’re taking a family trip to Mexico.”
From the June 29-July 5, 2011 issue