- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
To the Editor: Help YouthBuild Rockford Win $100,000!
I am writing to ask for your help. YouthBuild and Comprehensive Community Solutions have been chosen by the Wal-Mart Foundation to participate in a program called Associates Choice. The attached flyier describes the program.
Basically, all Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club associates will vote between now and August for one of five Illinois nonprofits. The winner (hoping it’s us) gets a grant for $100,000!
I am asking your help to pass the word to anyone you know that works at either Wal-Mart or Sam’s to vote for our organization, and to pass the information along to their networks asking the same.
The only restriction on this is that we are prohibited from approaching employees at or in the stores, so this would need to be done outside of their work.
You can also share this information via Facebook on our Cause Page: http://tinyurl.com/voteyouthbuild.
YouthBuild—Building Human Capital, Communities and Affordable Housing.
I would greatly appreciate your help with this effort.
Founder and Executive Director
Comprehensive Community Solutions, Inc.
From the June 29-July 5, 2011 issue