- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
To the Editor: Help YouthBuild Rockford Win $100,000!
I am writing to ask for your help. YouthBuild and Comprehensive Community Solutions have been chosen by the Wal-Mart Foundation to participate in a program called Associates Choice. The attached flyier describes the program.
Basically, all Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club associates will vote between now and August for one of five Illinois nonprofits. The winner (hoping it’s us) gets a grant for $100,000!
I am asking your help to pass the word to anyone you know that works at either Wal-Mart or Sam’s to vote for our organization, and to pass the information along to their networks asking the same.
The only restriction on this is that we are prohibited from approaching employees at or in the stores, so this would need to be done outside of their work.
You can also share this information via Facebook on our Cause Page: http://tinyurl.com/voteyouthbuild.
YouthBuild—Building Human Capital, Communities and Affordable Housing.
I would greatly appreciate your help with this effort.
Founder and Executive Director
Comprehensive Community Solutions, Inc.
From the June 29-July 5, 2011 issue