- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
To the Editor: Help YouthBuild Rockford Win $100,000!
I am writing to ask for your help. YouthBuild and Comprehensive Community Solutions have been chosen by the Wal-Mart Foundation to participate in a program called Associates Choice. The attached flyier describes the program.
Basically, all Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club associates will vote between now and August for one of five Illinois nonprofits. The winner (hoping it’s us) gets a grant for $100,000!
I am asking your help to pass the word to anyone you know that works at either Wal-Mart or Sam’s to vote for our organization, and to pass the information along to their networks asking the same.
The only restriction on this is that we are prohibited from approaching employees at or in the stores, so this would need to be done outside of their work.
You can also share this information via Facebook on our Cause Page: http://tinyurl.com/voteyouthbuild.
YouthBuild—Building Human Capital, Communities and Affordable Housing.
I would greatly appreciate your help with this effort.
Founder and Executive Director
Comprehensive Community Solutions, Inc.
From the June 29-July 5, 2011 issue