- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Park District presents Quarterly Excellence Awards
Rockford Park District recently presented Quarterly Excellence Awards to six individuals and two teams, recognizing outstanding performance during the second quarter of 2011.
Nominations are submitted by staff, and voted on by an employee recognition committee.
In the individual category, winners, their departments and nomination categories were: John Piccolin, Park District Police, Outstanding Performance; Zachary Zage, Park District Police, Notable Service to Community Citizens; Dave Rutherford, Financial Services, Creative Contributions; Garrett Jones, Capital Planning & Asset Management, Notable Service to Staff; Matt Dutkiewicz, Golf Services (Ingersoll), Safety First; and Pam Lindstrom, Purchasing, Dollars for Ideas.
Team awards went to Ice Facilities/Jr. IceHogs Program staff members Scott Burfoot and Don Walker for Creative Contributions, and Magic Waters staff members Keller Kurth, Lucas Frichtl, Kaitlynn Walker, Seth Nord, and Colton Crain for Notable Service to Community/Citizens.
From the June 29-July 5, 2011 issue