- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Park District presents Quarterly Excellence Awards
Rockford Park District recently presented Quarterly Excellence Awards to six individuals and two teams, recognizing outstanding performance during the second quarter of 2011.
Nominations are submitted by staff, and voted on by an employee recognition committee.
In the individual category, winners, their departments and nomination categories were: John Piccolin, Park District Police, Outstanding Performance; Zachary Zage, Park District Police, Notable Service to Community Citizens; Dave Rutherford, Financial Services, Creative Contributions; Garrett Jones, Capital Planning & Asset Management, Notable Service to Staff; Matt Dutkiewicz, Golf Services (Ingersoll), Safety First; and Pam Lindstrom, Purchasing, Dollars for Ideas.
Team awards went to Ice Facilities/Jr. IceHogs Program staff members Scott Burfoot and Don Walker for Creative Contributions, and Magic Waters staff members Keller Kurth, Lucas Frichtl, Kaitlynn Walker, Seth Nord, and Colton Crain for Notable Service to Community/Citizens.
From the June 29-July 5, 2011 issue