- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Park District presents Quarterly Excellence Awards
Rockford Park District recently presented Quarterly Excellence Awards to six individuals and two teams, recognizing outstanding performance during the second quarter of 2011.
Nominations are submitted by staff, and voted on by an employee recognition committee.
In the individual category, winners, their departments and nomination categories were: John Piccolin, Park District Police, Outstanding Performance; Zachary Zage, Park District Police, Notable Service to Community Citizens; Dave Rutherford, Financial Services, Creative Contributions; Garrett Jones, Capital Planning & Asset Management, Notable Service to Staff; Matt Dutkiewicz, Golf Services (Ingersoll), Safety First; and Pam Lindstrom, Purchasing, Dollars for Ideas.
Team awards went to Ice Facilities/Jr. IceHogs Program staff members Scott Burfoot and Don Walker for Creative Contributions, and Magic Waters staff members Keller Kurth, Lucas Frichtl, Kaitlynn Walker, Seth Nord, and Colton Crain for Notable Service to Community/Citizens.
From the June 29-July 5, 2011 issue