- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Park District presents Quarterly Excellence Awards
Rockford Park District recently presented Quarterly Excellence Awards to six individuals and two teams, recognizing outstanding performance during the second quarter of 2011.
Nominations are submitted by staff, and voted on by an employee recognition committee.
In the individual category, winners, their departments and nomination categories were: John Piccolin, Park District Police, Outstanding Performance; Zachary Zage, Park District Police, Notable Service to Community Citizens; Dave Rutherford, Financial Services, Creative Contributions; Garrett Jones, Capital Planning & Asset Management, Notable Service to Staff; Matt Dutkiewicz, Golf Services (Ingersoll), Safety First; and Pam Lindstrom, Purchasing, Dollars for Ideas.
Team awards went to Ice Facilities/Jr. IceHogs Program staff members Scott Burfoot and Don Walker for Creative Contributions, and Magic Waters staff members Keller Kurth, Lucas Frichtl, Kaitlynn Walker, Seth Nord, and Colton Crain for Notable Service to Community/Citizens.
From the June 29-July 5, 2011 issue