- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Celebrate Harry Potter July 9 at Wonderland Books
Wonderland Books will host a free, all-ages party celebrating Harry Potter, the series legacy, and the release of the final film.
From 6 to 8 p.m., Saturday, July 9, Wonderland will become Hogwarts School. Be sorted into your house, attend classes with your favorite characters, participate in some magical activities, practice Quidditch, dance to wizard wrock, become a part of Wonderland’s Harry Potter Alliance Chapter, and join Wonderland’s trivia and costume contests to win great prizes.
Featured at the event will be raffles from the newly-opened Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park.
Celebrate the end of an era by purchasing a copy of the new book, Dear Mr. Potter: Tales of Love, Loss and Magic, sold only at Wonderland Books by express permission.
Wonderland Books is inside Edgebrook Center at 1625 N. Alpine Road. Call (815) 394-1633 or visit Facebook.com/WonderlandBooks.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue