- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Celebrate Harry Potter July 9 at Wonderland Books
Wonderland Books will host a free, all-ages party celebrating Harry Potter, the series legacy, and the release of the final film.
From 6 to 8 p.m., Saturday, July 9, Wonderland will become Hogwarts School. Be sorted into your house, attend classes with your favorite characters, participate in some magical activities, practice Quidditch, dance to wizard wrock, become a part of Wonderland’s Harry Potter Alliance Chapter, and join Wonderland’s trivia and costume contests to win great prizes.
Featured at the event will be raffles from the newly-opened Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park.
Celebrate the end of an era by purchasing a copy of the new book, Dear Mr. Potter: Tales of Love, Loss and Magic, sold only at Wonderland Books by express permission.
Wonderland Books is inside Edgebrook Center at 1625 N. Alpine Road. Call (815) 394-1633 or visit Facebook.com/WonderlandBooks.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue