- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Golf: Rockford Pro-Am July 11 at Forest Hills Country Club
By Doug Halberstadt
The 35th annual Rockford Pro-Am tees off Monday, July 11, at Forest Hills Country Club.
The Rockford Pro-Am is the nation’s longest-running, free-standing pro-am not associated with a professional tournament.
This year’s event will benefit four area organizations: GiGi’s Playhouse, Rosecrance, Winnebago County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) and The Junior Golf Course of Greater Rockford.
Scheduled professionals include Ken Duke, Tommy Gainey, Colt Knost, Brittany Lang, Stacy Lewis, Bill Lunde, Troy Matteson, Zack Miller, Brian Mogg, Joe Ogilvie, Rod Pampling, D.A. Points, Kyle Stanley, Michael Thompson, Cameron Tringale and Brett Wetterich.
These pros will be matched with area amateur foursomes. The foursomes play in a best-ball handicapped format, while the pros keep straight 18-hole scores.
Tickets for this year’s event are priced the same as they have been for the last several years, $5. Tickets are available at the gate. The gates open at 7:30 a.m., and the Aqua-Aerobics Best Shot starts at 8:45 a.m. The shotgun start begins at approximately 10:45 a.m.
Parking for the Pro-Am will be available at the Cadbury lots on Forest Hills Road and the Sears Essentials lot on Riverside Boulevard. A continuous free shuttle bus will run from Sears Essentials to Forest Hills Country Club from 8:15 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Call (815) 262-3898 for details.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue