- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Golf: Rockford Pro-Am July 11 at Forest Hills Country Club
By Doug Halberstadt
The 35th annual Rockford Pro-Am tees off Monday, July 11, at Forest Hills Country Club.
The Rockford Pro-Am is the nation’s longest-running, free-standing pro-am not associated with a professional tournament.
This year’s event will benefit four area organizations: GiGi’s Playhouse, Rosecrance, Winnebago County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) and The Junior Golf Course of Greater Rockford.
Scheduled professionals include Ken Duke, Tommy Gainey, Colt Knost, Brittany Lang, Stacy Lewis, Bill Lunde, Troy Matteson, Zack Miller, Brian Mogg, Joe Ogilvie, Rod Pampling, D.A. Points, Kyle Stanley, Michael Thompson, Cameron Tringale and Brett Wetterich.
These pros will be matched with area amateur foursomes. The foursomes play in a best-ball handicapped format, while the pros keep straight 18-hole scores.
Tickets for this year’s event are priced the same as they have been for the last several years, $5. Tickets are available at the gate. The gates open at 7:30 a.m., and the Aqua-Aerobics Best Shot starts at 8:45 a.m. The shotgun start begins at approximately 10:45 a.m.
Parking for the Pro-Am will be available at the Cadbury lots on Forest Hills Road and the Sears Essentials lot on Riverside Boulevard. A continuous free shuttle bus will run from Sears Essentials to Forest Hills Country Club from 8:15 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Call (815) 262-3898 for details.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue