- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
Local businesses unite to provide milk for kids through Rock River Valley Pantry
Rock River Valley Pantry is the recipient of several grants to purchase milk to provide for families using the Rock River Valley Pantry.
Over the next seven months, the “Got Milk-For Kids?!” program will assist more than 8,000 families by providing them with either a half-gallon or a gallon of 2 percent milk. More than 18,000 children will benefit from this program.
Grant funding of $10,895, received from the Norris A. and Margaret K. Aldeen Fund of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, will provide milk for three months.
Dr. J. Holbrook of Cornerstone Clinic has donated $10,000 to fund an additional three months, and Harris Bank is assisting with a $3,500 grant to purchase milk for one month.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue