- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Local businesses unite to provide milk for kids through Rock River Valley Pantry
Rock River Valley Pantry is the recipient of several grants to purchase milk to provide for families using the Rock River Valley Pantry.
Over the next seven months, the “Got Milk-For Kids?!” program will assist more than 8,000 families by providing them with either a half-gallon or a gallon of 2 percent milk. More than 18,000 children will benefit from this program.
Grant funding of $10,895, received from the Norris A. and Margaret K. Aldeen Fund of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, will provide milk for three months.
Dr. J. Holbrook of Cornerstone Clinic has donated $10,000 to fund an additional three months, and Harris Bank is assisting with a $3,500 grant to purchase milk for one month.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue