- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Local businesses unite to provide milk for kids through Rock River Valley Pantry
Rock River Valley Pantry is the recipient of several grants to purchase milk to provide for families using the Rock River Valley Pantry.
Over the next seven months, the “Got Milk-For Kids?!” program will assist more than 8,000 families by providing them with either a half-gallon or a gallon of 2 percent milk. More than 18,000 children will benefit from this program.
Grant funding of $10,895, received from the Norris A. and Margaret K. Aldeen Fund of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, will provide milk for three months.
Dr. J. Holbrook of Cornerstone Clinic has donated $10,000 to fund an additional three months, and Harris Bank is assisting with a $3,500 grant to purchase milk for one month.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue