- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Local businesses unite to provide milk for kids through Rock River Valley Pantry
Rock River Valley Pantry is the recipient of several grants to purchase milk to provide for families using the Rock River Valley Pantry.
Over the next seven months, the “Got Milk-For Kids?!” program will assist more than 8,000 families by providing them with either a half-gallon or a gallon of 2 percent milk. More than 18,000 children will benefit from this program.
Grant funding of $10,895, received from the Norris A. and Margaret K. Aldeen Fund of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, will provide milk for three months.
Dr. J. Holbrook of Cornerstone Clinic has donated $10,000 to fund an additional three months, and Harris Bank is assisting with a $3,500 grant to purchase milk for one month.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue