- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
Local businesses unite to provide milk for kids through Rock River Valley Pantry
Rock River Valley Pantry is the recipient of several grants to purchase milk to provide for families using the Rock River Valley Pantry.
Over the next seven months, the “Got Milk-For Kids?!” program will assist more than 8,000 families by providing them with either a half-gallon or a gallon of 2 percent milk. More than 18,000 children will benefit from this program.
Grant funding of $10,895, received from the Norris A. and Margaret K. Aldeen Fund of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, will provide milk for three months.
Dr. J. Holbrook of Cornerstone Clinic has donated $10,000 to fund an additional three months, and Harris Bank is assisting with a $3,500 grant to purchase milk for one month.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue