- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
RAMI winner Whiskey Train to release CD Friday at Kryptonite
By Jim Hagerty
Whiskey Train, the band named Best New Act at the 2011 RAMI Awards, will officially release its debut CD, For Pete’s Sake, Friday, June 8, at Kryptonite.
Led by singer Steve Lindsay, Whiskey Train’s 10-track debut features songs that are being considered for movies, TV, international ad campaigns and other projects. Lindsay’s work also has been included on several Nintendo Wii games.
Described at CD Baby as a “blue collar, rock and roll band from the heart of the industrial Midwest influenced by the joys and pains of booze, babes and the blues,” Whiskey Train has shared stages with the Rolling Stones’ Bernard Fowler, Mathew Santos and 500 Miles to Memphis.
Show starts at 9:30 p.m. Cost is $5. Kryptonite Music Lounge is at 308 W. State St., downtown.