- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
RAMI winner Whiskey Train to release CD Friday at Kryptonite
By Jim Hagerty
Whiskey Train, the band named Best New Act at the 2011 RAMI Awards, will officially release its debut CD, For Pete’s Sake, Friday, June 8, at Kryptonite.
Led by singer Steve Lindsay, Whiskey Train’s 10-track debut features songs that are being considered for movies, TV, international ad campaigns and other projects. Lindsay’s work also has been included on several Nintendo Wii games.
Described at CD Baby as a “blue collar, rock and roll band from the heart of the industrial Midwest influenced by the joys and pains of booze, babes and the blues,” Whiskey Train has shared stages with the Rolling Stones’ Bernard Fowler, Mathew Santos and 500 Miles to Memphis.
Show starts at 9:30 p.m. Cost is $5. Kryptonite Music Lounge is at 308 W. State St., downtown.