- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
RAMI winner Whiskey Train to release CD Friday at Kryptonite
By Jim Hagerty
Whiskey Train, the band named Best New Act at the 2011 RAMI Awards, will officially release its debut CD, For Pete’s Sake, Friday, June 8, at Kryptonite.
Led by singer Steve Lindsay, Whiskey Train’s 10-track debut features songs that are being considered for movies, TV, international ad campaigns and other projects. Lindsay’s work also has been included on several Nintendo Wii games.
Described at CD Baby as a “blue collar, rock and roll band from the heart of the industrial Midwest influenced by the joys and pains of booze, babes and the blues,” Whiskey Train has shared stages with the Rolling Stones’ Bernard Fowler, Mathew Santos and 500 Miles to Memphis.
Show starts at 9:30 p.m. Cost is $5. Kryptonite Music Lounge is at 308 W. State St., downtown.