- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
RAMI winner Whiskey Train to release CD Friday at Kryptonite
By Jim Hagerty
Whiskey Train, the band named Best New Act at the 2011 RAMI Awards, will officially release its debut CD, For Pete’s Sake, Friday, June 8, at Kryptonite.
Led by singer Steve Lindsay, Whiskey Train’s 10-track debut features songs that are being considered for movies, TV, international ad campaigns and other projects. Lindsay’s work also has been included on several Nintendo Wii games.
Described at CD Baby as a “blue collar, rock and roll band from the heart of the industrial Midwest influenced by the joys and pains of booze, babes and the blues,” Whiskey Train has shared stages with the Rolling Stones’ Bernard Fowler, Mathew Santos and 500 Miles to Memphis.
Show starts at 9:30 p.m. Cost is $5. Kryptonite Music Lounge is at 308 W. State St., downtown.