- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Sheet Music Festival July 9
The Fourth Annual Sheet Music Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 9, in the community room at JustGoods Fair Trade Store, 201 Seventh St., Rockford. Admission is free.
Sheet music dealers and local collectors will sell, appraise and buy sheet music. An exhibit of music written or published in Rockford will be available.
Kevin Regez from Janesville, Wis., who puts on shows on early cinema and Tin Pan Alley music, will do a musical presentation at 1 p.m. about novelty songs from the heyday of Tin Pan Alley. Cheryl Licary of Beloit, Wis., will be present to play any sheet music anyone brings to the show.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue