- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Sheet Music Festival July 9
The Fourth Annual Sheet Music Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 9, in the community room at JustGoods Fair Trade Store, 201 Seventh St., Rockford. Admission is free.
Sheet music dealers and local collectors will sell, appraise and buy sheet music. An exhibit of music written or published in Rockford will be available.
Kevin Regez from Janesville, Wis., who puts on shows on early cinema and Tin Pan Alley music, will do a musical presentation at 1 p.m. about novelty songs from the heyday of Tin Pan Alley. Cheryl Licary of Beloit, Wis., will be present to play any sheet music anyone brings to the show.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue