- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Sheet Music Festival July 9
The Fourth Annual Sheet Music Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 9, in the community room at JustGoods Fair Trade Store, 201 Seventh St., Rockford. Admission is free.
Sheet music dealers and local collectors will sell, appraise and buy sheet music. An exhibit of music written or published in Rockford will be available.
Kevin Regez from Janesville, Wis., who puts on shows on early cinema and Tin Pan Alley music, will do a musical presentation at 1 p.m. about novelty songs from the heyday of Tin Pan Alley. Cheryl Licary of Beloit, Wis., will be present to play any sheet music anyone brings to the show.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue