- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Sheet Music Festival July 9
The Fourth Annual Sheet Music Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 9, in the community room at JustGoods Fair Trade Store, 201 Seventh St., Rockford. Admission is free.
Sheet music dealers and local collectors will sell, appraise and buy sheet music. An exhibit of music written or published in Rockford will be available.
Kevin Regez from Janesville, Wis., who puts on shows on early cinema and Tin Pan Alley music, will do a musical presentation at 1 p.m. about novelty songs from the heyday of Tin Pan Alley. Cheryl Licary of Beloit, Wis., will be present to play any sheet music anyone brings to the show.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue