- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Sheet Music Festival July 9
The Fourth Annual Sheet Music Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 9, in the community room at JustGoods Fair Trade Store, 201 Seventh St., Rockford. Admission is free.
Sheet music dealers and local collectors will sell, appraise and buy sheet music. An exhibit of music written or published in Rockford will be available.
Kevin Regez from Janesville, Wis., who puts on shows on early cinema and Tin Pan Alley music, will do a musical presentation at 1 p.m. about novelty songs from the heyday of Tin Pan Alley. Cheryl Licary of Beloit, Wis., will be present to play any sheet music anyone brings to the show.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue