- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
To the Editor: Thanks for promoting Tour De North End
I would like to extend a huge “thank you” to all the participants, neighbors and friends who made the first-ever Tour De North End an absolutely overwhelming success. I would have been satisfied with 80 riders, but over 230 friends and neighbors came together to promote bike safety, show pride in our neighborhood, and have a lot of fun. The enormous amount of good will generated from something as simple as a Saturday bike ride proves that if we can align businesses and citizens working together for a greater cause, it truly benefits everyone in our neighborhood and city.
I cannot thank our sponsors enough for their generosity: Kegel’s Bike Shop, Pirate Ninja Print Shop, Amazing Arts, The Rock River Times, Special T-Engraving, Planet Bike, New Belgium Brewing, and anyone else who supported the Tour.
Two weeks later, people are still thanking me for getting the ride together, but I say it’s the riders that really made it happen. We just opened the doors like any other Saturday — you guys are the ones who showed up.
Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for more fun events. And yes, TDNE 2012 is already in the works. Thanks again, ride safe, and cheers to The North End.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue