- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
To the Editor: Thanks for promoting Tour De North End
I would like to extend a huge “thank you” to all the participants, neighbors and friends who made the first-ever Tour De North End an absolutely overwhelming success. I would have been satisfied with 80 riders, but over 230 friends and neighbors came together to promote bike safety, show pride in our neighborhood, and have a lot of fun. The enormous amount of good will generated from something as simple as a Saturday bike ride proves that if we can align businesses and citizens working together for a greater cause, it truly benefits everyone in our neighborhood and city.
I cannot thank our sponsors enough for their generosity: Kegel’s Bike Shop, Pirate Ninja Print Shop, Amazing Arts, The Rock River Times, Special T-Engraving, Planet Bike, New Belgium Brewing, and anyone else who supported the Tour.
Two weeks later, people are still thanking me for getting the ride together, but I say it’s the riders that really made it happen. We just opened the doors like any other Saturday — you guys are the ones who showed up.
Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for more fun events. And yes, TDNE 2012 is already in the works. Thanks again, ride safe, and cheers to The North End.
From the July 6-12, 2011, issue