- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Cycling: Dedication ceremony for Richard Nicodemus in Orangeville July 16
A dedication ceremony will be held at 10 a.m., July 16, near the Jane Addams Trailhead in Orangeville, Ill., in memory of Richard Nicodemus of Orangeville.
Nicodemus, who died Jan. 10, was a good friend to many throughout the Midwest bicycle racing circuit and was one of the trail’s most frequent visitors.
Working through and with the Northwest Illinois Trail Foundation and the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, there will be a revealing of a plaque and dedication of the Richard Nicodemus Memorial Bridge, 100 yards south of the intersection of High Street and the Jane Addams Trail in Orangeville near the Jane Addams Trailhead. All are welcome for the dedication.
Following the dedication, all friends, relatives and bicycle riders are welcome to join an informal ride from the Orangeville Trailhead to Monroe, Wis., to eat at Culver’s Restaurant in Monroe around 11:30 a.m. or noon. Following the noon meal, the group plans to return to the Orangeville Trailhead along the same route, a round trip of approximately 22 miles.
Anyone planning to ride to Monroe who does not yet possess a Wisconsin Trail Pass can buy one at the BOCO Station in Orangeville before leaving or at the Clarno Lumber Yard just north of the Wisconsin state line. Price is $4 for a day pass or $20 for a season pass.
For more detailed directions or further information, contact Tyger Johnson at (815) 449-2203.
From the July 13-19, 2011 issue