- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Cycling: Dedication ceremony for Richard Nicodemus in Orangeville July 16
A dedication ceremony will be held at 10 a.m., July 16, near the Jane Addams Trailhead in Orangeville, Ill., in memory of Richard Nicodemus of Orangeville.
Nicodemus, who died Jan. 10, was a good friend to many throughout the Midwest bicycle racing circuit and was one of the trail’s most frequent visitors.
Working through and with the Northwest Illinois Trail Foundation and the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois, there will be a revealing of a plaque and dedication of the Richard Nicodemus Memorial Bridge, 100 yards south of the intersection of High Street and the Jane Addams Trail in Orangeville near the Jane Addams Trailhead. All are welcome for the dedication.
Following the dedication, all friends, relatives and bicycle riders are welcome to join an informal ride from the Orangeville Trailhead to Monroe, Wis., to eat at Culver’s Restaurant in Monroe around 11:30 a.m. or noon. Following the noon meal, the group plans to return to the Orangeville Trailhead along the same route, a round trip of approximately 22 miles.
Anyone planning to ride to Monroe who does not yet possess a Wisconsin Trail Pass can buy one at the BOCO Station in Orangeville before leaving or at the Clarno Lumber Yard just north of the Wisconsin state line. Price is $4 for a day pass or $20 for a season pass.
For more detailed directions or further information, contact Tyger Johnson at (815) 449-2203.
From the July 13-19, 2011 issue