- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
Obama has no appreciation for free market system
Those who dismiss President Obama’s charisma and charm are only fooling themselves. He does have these talents, and in some ways, they are good assets for a president. But if a con man didn’t have these traits, he couldn’t make a dime trying to sell someone what they didn’t need or want at a ridiculously high price.
What is Obama trying to get us to buy with his anti-business and socialist rhetoric? He seems to have no concept or appreciation for the free market system, which has been our key to prosperity.
To blame President Bush for our bad economy is getting quite stale. Remember when Bush was in power, our unemployment rate was one-half what it is today. It was that way until 2006, when Reid and Pelosi came more to the scene, and it seemed that our most liberal senator, Barack Obama, might join them as president. Wouldn’t this frighten any business, small or large, from expanding and adding jobs?
Michael A. Smith
From the July 13-19, 2011 issue