- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
Obama has no appreciation for free market system
Those who dismiss President Obama’s charisma and charm are only fooling themselves. He does have these talents, and in some ways, they are good assets for a president. But if a con man didn’t have these traits, he couldn’t make a dime trying to sell someone what they didn’t need or want at a ridiculously high price.
What is Obama trying to get us to buy with his anti-business and socialist rhetoric? He seems to have no concept or appreciation for the free market system, which has been our key to prosperity.
To blame President Bush for our bad economy is getting quite stale. Remember when Bush was in power, our unemployment rate was one-half what it is today. It was that way until 2006, when Reid and Pelosi came more to the scene, and it seemed that our most liberal senator, Barack Obama, might join them as president. Wouldn’t this frighten any business, small or large, from expanding and adding jobs?
Michael A. Smith
From the July 13-19, 2011 issue