- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Obama has no appreciation for free market system
Those who dismiss President Obama’s charisma and charm are only fooling themselves. He does have these talents, and in some ways, they are good assets for a president. But if a con man didn’t have these traits, he couldn’t make a dime trying to sell someone what they didn’t need or want at a ridiculously high price.
What is Obama trying to get us to buy with his anti-business and socialist rhetoric? He seems to have no concept or appreciation for the free market system, which has been our key to prosperity.
To blame President Bush for our bad economy is getting quite stale. Remember when Bush was in power, our unemployment rate was one-half what it is today. It was that way until 2006, when Reid and Pelosi came more to the scene, and it seemed that our most liberal senator, Barack Obama, might join them as president. Wouldn’t this frighten any business, small or large, from expanding and adding jobs?
Michael A. Smith
From the July 13-19, 2011 issue