- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Blues vocalist Janiva Magness performs at Adriatic Café July 25
Janiva Magness, who in 2009 became the second woman since Koko Taylor to claim the Blues Music Awards’ B.B. King Entertainer of the Year Award, will perform at 7:30 p.m., Monday, July 25, at The Adriatic Café, 327 W. Jefferson St.
A charismatic performer known for her electrifying live shows, Magness’ latest CD, The Devil Is An Angel Too, features her dynamic voice wrapping around original material written especially for her, as well as songs from Julie Miller, Graham Parker, Nick Lowe, Joe Tex, Gladys Knight, Nina Simone, Ann Peebles and James Carr.
Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door. The Adriatic can be reached at (815) 967-9939.
From the July 20-26, 2011 issue