- Phishing scam targets I-PASS users
- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
Blues vocalist Janiva Magness performs at Adriatic Café July 25
Janiva Magness, who in 2009 became the second woman since Koko Taylor to claim the Blues Music Awards’ B.B. King Entertainer of the Year Award, will perform at 7:30 p.m., Monday, July 25, at The Adriatic Café, 327 W. Jefferson St.
A charismatic performer known for her electrifying live shows, Magness’ latest CD, The Devil Is An Angel Too, features her dynamic voice wrapping around original material written especially for her, as well as songs from Julie Miller, Graham Parker, Nick Lowe, Joe Tex, Gladys Knight, Nina Simone, Ann Peebles and James Carr.
Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door. The Adriatic can be reached at (815) 967-9939.
From the July 20-26, 2011 issue