- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Blues vocalist Janiva Magness performs at Adriatic Café July 25
Janiva Magness, who in 2009 became the second woman since Koko Taylor to claim the Blues Music Awards’ B.B. King Entertainer of the Year Award, will perform at 7:30 p.m., Monday, July 25, at The Adriatic Café, 327 W. Jefferson St.
A charismatic performer known for her electrifying live shows, Magness’ latest CD, The Devil Is An Angel Too, features her dynamic voice wrapping around original material written especially for her, as well as songs from Julie Miller, Graham Parker, Nick Lowe, Joe Tex, Gladys Knight, Nina Simone, Ann Peebles and James Carr.
Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door. The Adriatic can be reached at (815) 967-9939.
From the July 20-26, 2011 issue