- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Blues vocalist Janiva Magness performs at Adriatic Café July 25
Janiva Magness, who in 2009 became the second woman since Koko Taylor to claim the Blues Music Awards’ B.B. King Entertainer of the Year Award, will perform at 7:30 p.m., Monday, July 25, at The Adriatic Café, 327 W. Jefferson St.
A charismatic performer known for her electrifying live shows, Magness’ latest CD, The Devil Is An Angel Too, features her dynamic voice wrapping around original material written especially for her, as well as songs from Julie Miller, Graham Parker, Nick Lowe, Joe Tex, Gladys Knight, Nina Simone, Ann Peebles and James Carr.
Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door. The Adriatic can be reached at (815) 967-9939.
From the July 20-26, 2011 issue