- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
Blues vocalist Janiva Magness performs at Adriatic Café July 25
Janiva Magness, who in 2009 became the second woman since Koko Taylor to claim the Blues Music Awards’ B.B. King Entertainer of the Year Award, will perform at 7:30 p.m., Monday, July 25, at The Adriatic Café, 327 W. Jefferson St.
A charismatic performer known for her electrifying live shows, Magness’ latest CD, The Devil Is An Angel Too, features her dynamic voice wrapping around original material written especially for her, as well as songs from Julie Miller, Graham Parker, Nick Lowe, Joe Tex, Gladys Knight, Nina Simone, Ann Peebles and James Carr.
Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door. The Adriatic can be reached at (815) 967-9939.
From the July 20-26, 2011 issue