- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
CHIP offers Healthy Beginnings sessions at area churches
An opportunity to “test drive” a Healthy Beginnings session, sponsored by the CHIP (Coronary Health Improvement Project), will be offered to the community free of charge by several local churches offering to host the sessions at their locations.
The Healthy Beginnings series is targeted for adults who wish to learn more about the power of lifestyle change for the prevention, arrest and reversal of the most prevalent Western diseases affecting our population, including heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure.
Select from the following dates and locations:
• Thursday, July 21, 6:30-8 p.m. — Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 920 Third Ave. RSVP to (815) 963-4815.
• Wednesday, Aug. 3, 6:30-8 p.m. — St. Paul Lutheran Church, 600 N. Horsman. RSVP to (815) 963-5435.
• Sunday, Aug. 14, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — Court Street United Methodist, 215 N. Court St. RSVP to (815) 962-6061.
• Sunday, Sept. 4, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — First Presbyterian Church, 406 N. Main St. RSVP to (815) 968-0478.
• Wednesday, Sept. 7, 6-7:30 p.m. — Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 412 N. Church St. RSVP to (815) 964-5514.
CHIP Alumni of Rock River Valley is a non-profit organization that supports, mentors and promotes community health using the Coronary Health Improvement Project 30-day program, information and guidelines. Visit www.chipalumnirockford.org or www.CHIPhealth.com.