- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
CHIP offers Healthy Beginnings sessions at area churches
An opportunity to “test drive” a Healthy Beginnings session, sponsored by the CHIP (Coronary Health Improvement Project), will be offered to the community free of charge by several local churches offering to host the sessions at their locations.
The Healthy Beginnings series is targeted for adults who wish to learn more about the power of lifestyle change for the prevention, arrest and reversal of the most prevalent Western diseases affecting our population, including heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure.
Select from the following dates and locations:
• Thursday, July 21, 6:30-8 p.m. — Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 920 Third Ave. RSVP to (815) 963-4815.
• Wednesday, Aug. 3, 6:30-8 p.m. — St. Paul Lutheran Church, 600 N. Horsman. RSVP to (815) 963-5435.
• Sunday, Aug. 14, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — Court Street United Methodist, 215 N. Court St. RSVP to (815) 962-6061.
• Sunday, Sept. 4, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — First Presbyterian Church, 406 N. Main St. RSVP to (815) 968-0478.
• Wednesday, Sept. 7, 6-7:30 p.m. — Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 412 N. Church St. RSVP to (815) 964-5514.
CHIP Alumni of Rock River Valley is a non-profit organization that supports, mentors and promotes community health using the Coronary Health Improvement Project 30-day program, information and guidelines. Visit www.chipalumnirockford.org or www.CHIPhealth.com.